Ho Ho Hanukkah is here with Potato Latkes / Pancake
Editor's note: Last week we posted an article asking Peachtree Corners cooks to submit their favorite holiday recipe. Ruthy Lachman Paul has sent in a delicious recipe her family enjoys during Hanukkah.
If you've got a family favorite, please use the announcement section to post - and add a photo or two.
- 2LB Shredded potatoes direct on boll caver with water.
- 1 finely cut sweet onion.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons flour or matzo meal
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Oil for frying
- 1 tsp Salt and 1/2 tsp pepper
- Sour cream, for topping
- Place the potatoes in a cheesecloth and wring, extracting as much moisture as possible.
- In a medium bowl stir the potatoes, onion, eggs, flour and the rest of the Ingredients together.
- In a large heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil until hot. Place large spoonfuls of the potato mixture into the hot oil.
- Brown on one side, turn and brown on the other.
- Let drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot!