A Quick Look at What's Happening Around Town
A short list of events and news for Peachtree Corners and Berkeley Lake.
1. A soggy day may be in store, the National Weather Service predicts showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74 and a 70 percent chance of rain.
2. Only 25 days left before Peachtree Corners residents will vote on whether to make their community the county's 16th city.
3. On Saturday, Oct. 15, a Peachtree Corners foot race called the Norcross Half Marathon and 5K will be held. This is a USA Track & Field sanctioned race and a Peachtree Road Race qualifier. The race begins and ends at the Peachtree Corners Baptist Church. Jay Lowe, a Peachtree Station resident is organizing the event. Contact Jay via email for details or call 404-272-2633.
4. Be sure to add to your Saturday calendar the Upscale Yard Sale and Fall Family Festival at the Robert D. Fowler YMCA. It will be a day of family fun and full of games, hot cider, baked goods and shopping. Free admission, 9-5 p.m.
5. American Preparedness Center, a new business in Peachtree Corners, is holding a free taste test for its freeze dried and dehydrated long term food on Saturday. Stop by and sample the Pasta Alfredo.