Monday Morning Report
Five things to know this week for Peachtree Corners and Berkeley Lake.
1. For Peachtree Corners residents, the big news is the town hall meeting scheduled for tonight (Monday, Aug. 29) at Peachtree Corners Baptist Church. Residents can learn more details on the Nov. 8 referendum vote for city-hood. The meeting time; 7:30-9 p.m., State Rep. Tom Rice (R-Dist. 51) will be among speakers. A Q & A session is included in the agenda.
2. Norcross High School's counseling department is hosting a senior parent night August 31, 2011, for senior students and their parent/guardian. The senior parent night will be in the Norcross Theatre at 6:00 p.m. Counselors will be reviewing graduation requirements, the college application process, and HOPE scholarship.
3. Now there are two more reasons to eat dinner out rather than standing over a hot kitchen stove, Chipotle Mexican Grill and Gino's NY Pizza Bar & Restaurant have just recently opened, both are located on Peachtree Parkway.
4. Berkeley Lake residents will be voting for mayor and two council members on Nov. 8. Residents interested in running for one of these postiions must qualify at City Hall the week of Aug. 29 (qualifying fee is $150 for mayor and $27 for council member).
5. In high school sports news, Wesleyan plays its first home game of the season when it takes on Elbert Co., game time, 7:30 p.m. And Norcross High School travels to Lilburn this week against Parkview, game time 7:30 p.m. Look for scores, stories and photos on Peachtree Corners-Berkeley Lake Patch.