Outback Bowl Gameday: What They're Saying about UGA vs. MSU
The Bulldogs can start 2012 with a big bowl win.
It's Gameday! The Georgia Bulldogs meet the Michigan State Spartans in the Outback Bowl at 1 p.m. at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida. Here's the latest hoopla:
- In final press conferences Sunday, MSU coach Mark Dantonio talked of an emotional group of seniors, and Georgia coach Mark Richt said his team isn't fixated on last year's painful bowl defeat.
- "It's difficult to say which bowl loss from last season was more humiliating: Georgia's 10-6 loss to Central Florida in the Liberty Bowl or Michigan State's 49-7 beatdown delivered by Alabama," writes David Ching for ESPN.com's DawgNation. "Regardless, these are two programs that fell face first before entering the offseason a year ago and they don't want to taste a defeat so bitter again."
- T. Kyle King notes for SB Nation"Georgia is better at bowling than Michigan State."
- Meanwhile, MaconDawg's SB Nation blog warns: "I'm worried about this Outback Bowl. And not in my usual mildly pessimistic manner. No sir. I'm worried about the players who have been asked over and over about their NFL prospects, about the heaping helpings of loaded cheese fries and chocolate thunders from down under, and the curfew which seems to be a little bit of a running joke."
- Between the cheese fries and the curfew, some Bulldogs and Spartans took time last week to visit St. Joseph's Children's Hospital of Tampa. So really, there are some winners already.