Special Called Meeting Set for Tuesday
The Peachtree Corners City Council has scheduled a meeting at 7:30 p.m., May 8, 2012 to discuss an ordinance to create city manager position.
Peachtree Corners' City Council has scheduled a Special Called Meeting on Tuesday, May 8, 2012, which will be held at the Robert D. Fowler YMCA at 7:30 p.m.
Under "New Business" on the agenda is the consideration of an ordinance creating the position of city manager.
The ordinance includes:
- The Mayor, with confirmation by the Council, shall appoint the City Manager.
- City Council shall decide the City Manager's compensation.
- City Manager will serve as the Chief Administrative Officer for the city and be responsible for the day to day operations of the city.
- The Mayor and City Council has the power (with a majority vote) to remove the City Manager.
- The City Manager will be an at-will employee.
In last week's Special Callled Meeting, City Council considered and passed a 90-day moratorium on certain services including, building permits and business licenses.
A letter requesting the moratorium was hand-delivered by the city's Acting Attorney, Bill Riley on May 1, 2012 to Gwinnett County and presented to the Board of Commissioners. The county's Board of Commissioners approved (4-0) at its 2:00 p.m. meeting. Riley added that the moratorium may be lifted earlier by the City Council.
The mayor and City Council, with the exception of Phil Sadd, were present at the May 1 meeting.
A copy of the agenda and the minutes of the last three meetings is attached as a PDF and included with this story.