What is the Proposed Budget for Peachtree Corners?
Below is the budget projected in a recent Special Called Work Session by city consultants.
In the City Council's May 22 Special Called Work Session a "Preliminary Expenditure Review" was presented to the council for discussion.
The information was presented by consultants John Kachmar and John McDonough, the city managers for Johns Creek and Sandy Springs, respectively, who are working as consultants for the new city of Peachtree Corners.
In the presentation, the consultants outlined a proposed budget using the following goals:
1. Determine level of service (What does the city need to provide? What do the citizens expect?).
2. Provide funding for start-up costs (facility and support equipment and call center).
3. Provide funding for insurance, finance and accounting, legal services and a comprehensive plan.
4. Provide funding for unforeseen start-up expenditures.
5. Establish a fund balance reserve (emergency fund).
The expenditures were based on the following assumptions, including hiring the a city staff of five employees (City Manager, City Clerk, Accounting Manager, Planning and Zoning Manager and an Administrative Assistant):
City Council $83,111
City Manager $159,829
General Operations $962,500
Legal Services $225,000
Facility Mangement $158,000
City Clerk $110,892
Community Development $131,218
Designated Reserve* $500,000
TOTAL GENERAL FUND $2,869,225
(*The Designated Reserve amount would cover unforeseen emergencies, typically a reserve calls for an amount no less than three months of operating expenditures.)
This information was provided to the City Council for their review and consideration.