It's a fierce rivalry, all right. And Georgia and Florida renew the annual matchup this Saturday in Jacksonville, Fla. So it's time to look back at five memorable games from the past -- memorable, that is, if you're a Bulldogs fan.
- 1980: Georgia, featuring freshman tailback Herschel Walker, was undefeated coming in, but Florida had the Bulldogs on the ropes late in the game. Then came what many consider the greatest play in Georgia history -- a 93-yard TD pass and run from Buck Belue to Lindsay Scott to win the game, 26-21. (See the attached video.) Georgia went on to win the national title that season.
- 1975: An 80-yard TD pass from tight end -- yes, tight end -- Richard Appleby to Gene Washington in the waning minutes gave Georgia a 10-7 victory.
- 2007: Georgia players engaged in a mass celebration at the goal line following an early touchdown, and went on to win 42-30.
- 1966: Florida and QB Steve Spurrier were thinking SEC title, but the Bulldogs came away with a 27-10 victory and went on to become SEC co-champs with Alabama.
- 1985: The Gators were ranked No. 1 coming in, but the Bulldogs came away with a 24-3 victory.
-- What's your most memorable Georgia-Florida game? Tell us in the comments below.