1. Looking for a way to escape the heat, head to Big Cinemas Peachtree 8. Shows this week include X-Men: First Class, Kung Fu Panda, Ready, The Hangover Part II, Fast Five and Badrinath.
2. Work out and stay cool at the same time. Water Aerobics at West Gwinnett Aquatic Center is open for people age 15 and up. Drop-in classes, no pre-registration required. The shallow water classes for beginners and deep water classes for those more advanced in water aerobics. No swimming skills are necessary.
3. At Fowler YMCA this week Seniors can take a tour of Turner Field, camps for children run all summer long, sign up for swim lessons, exercise classes and more. Child care available. Click here for more information.
4. The Furkids Thrift Store, located at 4015 Holcomb Bridge Road, is open 11-6 Monday through Friday and 11-4 on Saturday. Get a coupon for $5 off any purchase of $15 or more on their website, www.furkids.org
5. Have a teen who is a budding playwrite looking for a way to express his or her creative talents? Onion Man Productions, Lionheart Theatre Co. and Casey Communications Inc. are offering six 2-hour classes now through July 21. Teens will go through the steps of writing a complete 10-minute play then see their plays performed by professional actors. Ages 12-19. Call 404-314-0668 or click here for more.