Peachtree Corners' Councilwoman Jeanne Aulbach's City News and Updates for March 9:
Planning Commission Meeting, City Hall, March 11, 7 p.m.
There are two items on the agenda. You can see detail of the requests here.
- Seigakuin School: Allow existing school to use their facility for evening and weekend community and church activities at 5505 Winters Chapel Road
- Eldon Smith: Special Use Permit for auto sales at 4521 Buford Hwy
News & Events
- I am very pleased to announce that Judy Putnam will fill the communications role for the city. She is starting immediately. We have been aware of the need to improve communications and the change at the Patch provided a great opportunity both for Judy and the city. We are very excited about Judy’s ability to keep our city informed and engaged. Look for a press release with the formal announcement very shortly. You can reach Judy at her new e-mail address: email@example.com or Phone (direct line): 770-609-8821.
Filming in Peachtree Corners
It was noted this week that it looked like filming was occurring in Peachtree Corners with a lot of trucks parked at the church on the corner of Spalding and Peachtree Corners Circle. Bob Nebel was good enough to check it out and posted this to the Patch:
- “From Rico Figliolini: It is for the upcoming AMC TV series called "Halt and Catch Fire" which captures the rise of the PC era in the early 1980s. That's one reason they are shooting at the Marriott, seems they had little to do by way of construction to make it look like the 80s. They also shot a hurricane scene in downtown Norcross a few days ago. http://www.amctv.com/shows/halt-and-catch-fire”
Gwinnett Extension Plant Sale
- From our County Commissioner Lynette Howard: Plant Lovers- the Gwinnett extension service is having a plant sale ending March 11, 2014. Pick up is March 19, 2014 from 10:00am to 6:00pm at the County Fairgrounds. Click here for an order form.
Lynette Howard – Town Hall Meeting, March 10, 7 p.m., Pinckneyville Park Community Recreation Center
- Our District 2 Commissioner Lynette Howard is hosting a town hall meeting to share an overview of what's going on in our county government.
Peachtree Corners Business Association, March 20, 5:30 p.m., Courtyard Marriott
- Join us for Open Networking Business After Hours and the Celebration of the recent Renovation of the Courtyard Marriott at 3209 Holcomb Bridge Road. You can register here.
Peachtree Corners C.O.P.S. Program, March 24, 7:30 p.m., Peachtree Corners Baptist Church
- Mark your calendars. For those who have a COPS program, this can still count as your annual meeting. Just notify Officer Shane Kelly (Shane.Kelly@gwinnettcounty.com). All of Peachtree Corners is invited. I have attached additional information. You can see a list of items for donation to the Norcross Cooperative Ministry in the attachment.
Consignment Sale, March 26 - 29, Christ the King Lutheran Church
- Mark your calendars for the upcoming Consignment Sale at Christ the King Lutheran Church. March 26-29! General Home goods/decor and anything and everything for babies, kids and teens! Support your local community in recycling and saving! A portion of the profits go right back to our community! Read more about this event here.
Women of Peachtree Corners, April 3, Lifetime Athletic and Tennis
- Please join the Women of Peachtree Corners (WPC) for another fun event filled with great information, company and a tour of the beautifully renovated Lifetime Tennis & Fitness! A delicious and healthy lunch will be served ($15/pp). You can read more about this and register here.
Art on the Chattahoochee, Fine Art Market, April 12, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Jones Bridge Park
- The Gwinnett County Parks and Recreation is organizing ‘Art on the Chattahoochee’ at Jones Bridge Park, a fun family event by the Chattahoochee River with art, artists and other entertainment. Free admission. Read more about this here.