Please see below for a list of delays and closings for Wednesday, January 29, 2014, and check the Gwinnett County Government website throughout the day for updates.
- Due to icy conditions, Gwinnett DOT has closed Ronald Reagan Parkway until later today. In general, roads are hazardous and drivers should wait until later to travel if possible.
- Gwinnett County administrative offices will delay opening until 10:00am.
- Gwinnett trials and hearings are cancelled.
- All Gwinnett County Tax Commissioner's Offices will delay opening until noon and will close at 5:00pm.
- All Gwinnett County Park and Recreation facilities will delay opening until 10:00am.
- Gwinnett County Transit Express Bus Service will not operate today. If conditions allow, Local Routes 10 and 40 will start at 10:00am and all other routes at noon. Please check the Gwinnett County Transit website or call GCT Customer Service at 770.822.5010 for up-to-date schedule information.
- Trash and recycling collection in unincorporated Gwinnett County will not take place. The collection schedule will be delayed one day. If your normal collection day is Wednesday, it will be collected Thursday. If Thursday is your collection day, it will be collected Friday. Friday's normal collection will take place on Saturday. If your trash and recycling was not collected today, it will be collected on Thursday. If you have any questions, please contact the Gwinnett County Solid Waste and Recovered Materials Call Center at 770.822.7141. Gwinnett residents who live inside city limits should check with their city for the status of their trash service.
Additional offices may delay opening or be closed due to weather conditions in specific areas. You may want to call the office you plan to visit before leaving home.
For information about school closings in Gwinnett, please visit the Gwinnett County Public Schools' website.