Did you know that Robert Fowler Family YMCA offers after school care for students grades K-5 at the following schools: BB Harris, GH Hopkins, Meadowcreek, Nesbit, Peachtree, Simpson, and Stripling Elementary Schools.
The Y's core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility are at the foundation of the YMCA's program and the result is a safe, fun environment for kids.
“At the Y, we know that concern for others is contagious: kind words and acts lead to displays of kindness and concern for others. Every day, we see kids engage in acts of kindness toward one another, and these acts are recognized and encouraged in our after school program.
"We want the kids to know that when they are kind, they brighten someone’s day and bring out the best in themselves” said Keisha Smith, Associate Programs Director at Fowler Y.
Some other key components of our program are:
· Keeping kids active with indoor and outdoor games;
· Nurturing a spirit of good sportsmanship through sports;
· Providing homework assistance to encourage learning;
· Exploring science through gardening and experiments;
· Expanding creativity through crafts;
· Teaching kids to make healthy snack choices; and
· Of course, having lots of fun with friends!
For more information, contact Keisha Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org