If you are hosting a party:
- Plan ahead by naming a "designated driver." Make this your responsibility. Remember that buzzed driving is drunk driving.
- Contact a local cab company to provide rides for you and/or your guests.
- Stop serving alcohol to your guests several hours before the party ends.
- Provide your guests with a place to stay overnight in your home.
- Take the keys from someone if you think he/she is too impaired to drive.
- Staying inside at midnight to celebrate with friends and family is always the safest place to be.
- DO NOT fire weapons into the air. Bullets and projectiles can travel long distances causing injury and death. You have no control where a projectile will land when fired indiscriminately into the air.
- Be a defensive driver.
- Keep distractions (cell phones, food, and drunk friends) to a minimum.
- Make sure that you and your passengers are wearing a seat belt.
- Find a safe location and call 9-1-1 if you see a drunk driver on the road.
Officer Shane Kelly #660