1. Monday is President's Day - banks, public schools and county offices are closed for the day. Presidents’ Day is not a trash and recycling holiday. The Gwinnett County Solid Waste and Recycling Call Center will be closed Feb. 20, but hauler call centers will be open. Residents can search for their solid waste hauler to get their hauler’s contact information.
2. Early Voting: March 6, 2012 is the Presidential Primary and Peachtree Corners' first city elections. Registered voters may vote in advance now through March 2 at the Elections Office located at 455 Grayson Highway in Lawrenceville from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. You can also vote on Saturday, February 25 at the Elections office and at satellite locations from Feb. 27 to March 2. Visit www.gwinnettelections.com for locations or call 678.226.7210.
3. The very first meeting of the new Peachtree Corners Business Association is scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 21 from 7:30 - 9 a.m. at the Atlanta Marriott on S.R. 141. Membership is open to individuals that work and/or live in and around the Peachtree Corners area. For more information, contact PCBA president Michael McLaughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Looking for something to do to keep the kids entertained on their day off from school on Monday? The Peachtree Corners library has just the thing for children age 5-10 - Come to the Spalding Road branch and make a pet rock that you can read stories to - since Reading Rocks!
5. The week in weather - I wish the weather prognosticators could do more than just talk about it - or at least get it right. This week the WeatherBug is predicting highs around 60, lows around 40 all week and rain on Wednesday and Friday. Standby though - that is all subject to change.
5-A - Oops, forgot one more thing, Tuesday is Fat Tuesday - that means we're supposed to stuff ourselves then fast for the next 40 days. Even if you've no intentions of giving up good eating for the next month or so, check out our recipe for a delicious Crawfish Etouffee - it's good anytime of the year.