1. For citizens of Peachtree Corners interested in throwing their hats in the ring for one of the elected posts in the upcoming March elections, qualifying will begin in early December. Gwinnett County's Election Office will handle the city's first election. Check back with Patch for more details coming later this week.
2. County tax bills are due Tuesday, Nov. 15. For those of you who have procrastinated, you can stop by the tomorrow from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. to pay your bill (this location is closed on Mondays) or pay online through the county tax commissioners office. For any questions, call the tax commissioners office at 770-822-8800.
3. Tuesday, Nov. 15, the will hold a Planning & Zoning meeting at 7:30 in city hall to discuss an administrative variance at 224 Lakeshore Drive and rezoning on Bush Road. The Bush Road properties include: 4503 Bush Road, 4539 Bush Road, 3648 Habersham Lane, 3657 Habersham Lane, 3658 Habersham Lane, 3667 Habersham Lane, 3668 Habersham Lane, 3677 Habersham Lane, 3678 Habersham Lane, 3687 Habersham Lane, 3688 Habersham Lane, 3697 Habersham Lane, 3698 Habersham Lane, 3707 Habersham Lane and 3708 Habersham Lane.
4. On Saturday, Nov. 19, Gwinnett County is hosting its second annual America Recycles Day from 9 a.m. to noon at Coolray Field.The free event include paper shredding, tire and electronics recycling ($10 cash to recycle TVs), touch-a-truck displays, kids' activities, giveaways and refreshments. Residents are also encouraged to bring canned foods to fill local Salvation Army shelves. For more information about this event, visit www.sustainablegwinnett.com.
5. Also on Saturday, is holding a Holiday Craft Market from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Hand crafted gifts and portraits prepared by artists and vendors showcase holiday decor items, pottery and gifts. Also activiites for kids and raffle prizes, admission is free.