Maintaining your home on an ongoing basis is much cheaper than saving it all for the day you decide to put your home on the market.
Two sellers in Peachtree Corners, who have maintained their homes perfectly, will be holding Open Houses this week (homes are listed below). Stop and see these homes Sunday between 2 and 4 PM.
Here are a few reminders of things to check to keep your home in tip top shape and safe.
1. Heating and Air. Have your heating and air serviced twice a year, Keep your filters clean. Check to see what is recommended by your Heating and Air company to maintain life expectancy.
2. Check the wood trim on your home for wood rot and repair as needed.
3. Check your siding. If it is the older hardboard or pressboard, consider replacing with HardiePlank® or some other brand of fiber cement siding. If your home is stucco and you plan on selling in the near future, be prepared to have an inspection. Or better still, have it inspected now and have it warranted.
4. Check your water heater. Older water heaters should be cleaned or flushed once per year. Many newer water heaters are self cleaning. Address safety issues such as raising the tank or installing an expansion tank on your water heater.
5. Make sure fireplaces are clean and in good working order.
6. For your own peace of mind, test smoke detectors regularly. Replace batteries when you adjust your clock for daylight saving time.
7. Cracks in driveway or walkway should be repaired for safety as well as to prevent additional freeze thaw damage.
Open Houses this Sunday 2 to 4 PM, Sept. 25, 2011
5005 Wild Ginger Cove
5015 Wild Ginger Cove