Five things to know this week:
1. Watering restrictions county wide are in force. Residents may water established lawns and shrubs every day between 4 p.m. and 10 a.m. However, water may be used to water-in pesticides and herbicides. Exceptions made for licensed landscapers and other situations. Visit the county's website for more information.
2. Temperatures are predicted to be in the 90s all week. To help keep your electric bill from reaching an all-time high, Georgia Power suggests that you set your thermostat at 78 degrees or higher and leave it there. Each degree you decrease your thermostat in the summer below 78 increases your cost for cooling your home by as much as 3 percent.
3. YMCA offers summer camps for children of all ages. From basketball to swimming, there's something to keep school-aged children busy during the long summer vacation. Contact Lisa Brasher via email at or by phone 770-246-9622
4. Budding novelists can sign up for a free class held at Barnes and Noble at The Forum. The class is conducted by Harmon Snipes who discusses the writing and publishing process. Class is held every Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. Everyone is welcome. Call 770-209-4244 or send an email with questions.
5. For all of you fishermen out there, every Saturday morning, Orvis at The Forum holds a free class focusing on casting instructions for beginners and those wanting to improve their technique. For information visit the store's website or call 770-798-9983.