As promised, here are the answers to yesterday's Valentine's Day trivia quiz. Answers are in bold after each question.
- About what percentage of Valentine's Day cards are purchased by women? 85 percent
- About how many Valentine's Day cards are sent each year? 1 billion
- One of several conflicting legends of the origin of Valentine's Day contends that St. Valentine was a Christian priest in ancient Rome who continued to perform Christian marriages even though they were outlawed by the emperor. Which Roman emperor made Christian marriage illegal? Claudius II
- Who ordered the St. Valentine's Day Massacre? Al Capone
- In which Shakespeare play is Valentine's Day mentioned? (Bonus question: Which character mentions the holiday?) Hamlet (Mentioned by Ophelia in Act IV, Scene 5)
How'd you do?
Stay Patched in - subscribe to the free Peachtree Corners Patch newsletter and keep up with community news and events.