The Gwinnett Public Libraries have books for the secret science nerd inside of all of us.
I'm sure I'm not the first one to tell you that science is really cool. These books, which you can put on hold at gwinnettpl.org and pick up at the Peachtree Corners branch, help make a little more sense of the world.
1. Backyard Birding: Using natural gardening to attract birds
2. Math for Grownups By Laura Laing
3. Feathers: The evolution of a natural miracle By Thor Hanson
4. Everyday Math Tricks for Grown-Ups: Shortcuts and Simple Solutions for the Not-So-Math Minded
5. Annoying: The science of what bugs us By Joe Palca and Flora Lichtman
6. The Book of Fungi: A life-size guide to six hundred species from around the world By Peter Roberts and Shelley Evans
7. How the Hippies Saved Physics: Science, counterculture and the quantum revival By David Kaiser
8. Name That Bird: A Simple Approach to Identifying Your Backyard Friends
9. Science Secrets: The truth about Darwin's finches, Einstein's wife, and other myths By Alberto A. Martinez
10. Seeing Trees: Discover the Extraordinary Secrets of Everyday Trees
Find your Patch
Start a Blog