It's coming up on income tax season again. And a well-known tax business is ready with a special offer.
According to its website, H&R Block will prepare and file your federal income tax return for free through February 15, if you file the 1040 EZ form.
The "free" offer carries the following conditions:
- If your filing status is single or married filing jointly;
- have no dependents or children;
- if you do not itemize deductions;
- have no mortgage payment;
- have a taxable income of less than $100,000;
- earned all income from wages, tips and allowable sources.
But there is a charge to file state tax returns, H&R Block will charge $39 to file state tax returns for such filers.
The IRS has said it will begin accepting 2012 tax returns on .
The nearest H&R Block office in Peachtree Corners is located at 7050 Jimmy Carter Boulevard, Suite G, Telephone: 770-441-2774.
What is the Earliest Date I Can File My 2012 Tax Return?
IRS Announces New Tax Rates and Deduction Schedule