The Atlanta Region of the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) has released its 2012 event schedule.
If you are not familer with what an autocross is, please watch this great 9- minute video. Also, notice the in car video from inside the Green Sprite...that's my main competition this year and he's the defending National Champion.
I HIGHLY recommend that if you have a teen driver, that you bring them to our events to help them learn car control. It's a safe environment where you don't have to worry about hitting things or other cars and can focus on learning how to control your vehicle under various conditions. We have Novice classes where you can get individual help and direction in learning our sport and car control. You will get instruction from National level competitors and even a few of our drivers the are National Champions.
There is a class for almost any kind of car and anyone can participate as well as classes for children beginning as early as 8 years old who run go-karts. And even if you have no desire to drive, you can still come down and watch for free. If you love sports cars and friendly helpful people, you should try to attend one of our events.
- February 25th - Road Atlanta - PBOC Instruction & Team SOLO Day (Invite Only)
- February 26th - Road Atlanta - PBOC Instruction & Open Test and Tune
- * March 9-11th - SGMP (Adel, GA) - Dixie National Tour
- March 18th - Turner Field - Points 1
- April 1st - Atlanta Motorspeedway - Points 2
- April 29th - Atlanta Motorspeedway - Points 3
- May 5-6th - Atlanta Motorspeedway - Evolution Super Shootout
- May 20th - Turner Field - Points 4 (may switch dates)
- June 9th - Atlanta Motorsports Park - Points 5
- June 24th - Turner Field - Points 6 (might move from Turner Field)
- August 11th - Turner Field - TNT / EVO School / Novice School / Driver
- Development School (Team SOLO is discussing this)
- August 12th - Turner Field - Points 7
- August 25th - Turner Field - EVO School / Nationals Test and Tune
- August 26th - Turner Field - Points 8
- * September 4-7th - Lincoln Airpark (Lincoln, NE) - SCCA SOLO National Championships
- September 23rd - Atlanta Motorspeedway - Points 9
- October 6th - Turner Field - Points 10
- October 7th - Turner Field - Champion of Champions
For more information you can visit our local region website at
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me, no question is dumb! I've included some images of cars that I took at a few of the National Championships as well as a few of the cars I've driven. If you'd like to see more images, visit my Picasa page