It's a busy time of the year, many of us are shopping, planning meals and preparing for company during the holidays. The extra activities can lead to accidents say the experts.
A new survey data shows that holiday pressures and changes in activities, behaviors and routines can leave homeowners more susceptible to home perils. According to the survey…
- More than half (52 percent) of consumers state they are trying to do too many things at one time during the holidays.
- Sixty percent of consumers are trying new techniques for cooking and decorating.
- More than half (55 percent) of respondents who drink alcohol during the holidays say they drink more during the holidays than they usually do throughout the year.
- More than half (56 percent) of consumers revealed that their daily schedule and routine changes during the holidays.
- Seven in 10 (71 percent) consumers leave delivered packages outside their home, drawing attention to valuable gifts and holiday spending.
- More than half (54 percent) of respondents travel overnight during the holidays – leaving their homes more susceptible to risk.
- About four in 10 (37 percent) consumers with small children admit to becoming distracted or forgetful during the holiday season.