Super Bowl 2013 provided a thrilling ending Sunday (February 3) to the pro football season, with the Baltimore Ravens holding off the San Francisco 49ers 34-31 to win the NFL title in New Orleans.
Not until a fourth-down pass from the 49ers' Colin Kaepernick was incomplete in the end zone in the final two minutes was the game effectively decided. The 49ers were trailing 34-29 at that point.
Early in the second half, Baltimore had led 28-6, but a power outage in the Superdome halted play for about 30 minutes, and seemed to give San Francisco a chance to regroup.
Here is what some key media outlets are reporting about Sunday's game and key aspects:
- HARBAUGH VS. HARBAUGH: "How could it be any other way?" Ravens coach John Harbaugh said of the close win over his brother Jim, the 49ers' coach, in the New York Times.
- COMMERCIALS: Via Admeter and USA TODAY, watch the commercials from Sunday's Super Bowl. Share your favorites in the comments below.
- HOLDING ON 49ERS' 4TH DOWN PLAY? San Francisco head coach Jim Harbaugh felt the Ravens should have been penalized on the 49ers' fourth-down pass attempt late in the game. Read the Sporting News story, with video.
- HALFTIME SHOW: Beyonce "balanced explosions and humanity, imperiousness with warmth," according to the New York Times. (Video is attached to this article).
- BLACKOUT: Superdome officials blame "abnormality in the system," according to nola.com.
- VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS: A Sporting News video recaps the action from Sunday's Super Bowl.
-- How did you like the 2013 Super Bowl? What were your favorite commercials? Did you enjoy Beyonce's halftime gig? Share your thoughts in the comments below.