.

Fire Breaks Out at Extended Stay Hotel

Firefighters determined a stove fire in one of the guest rooms of the Peachtree Corners motel was the cause.

Google Maps
Google Maps
A stove fire in one of the guest rooms at the Extended Stay America on Jimmy Carter caused minor damage Tuesday afternoon. 

When firefighters arrived at the Peachtree Corners motel shortly after 5 p.m., they discovered the fire in the stove area of a first-floor guest room said Capt. Tommy Rutledge, spokesman for the Gwinnett County Fire Department. 

"The fire sent a residual haze of smoke throughout first and second floors of the three-story hotel building," said Rutledge.

Approximately 35-40 people were temporarily evacuated and all occupants were allowed to return to their rooms.

"There was no one inside the guest room where the fire erupted and no injuries were reported," said Rutledge.

Equipment at the scene included:

5-Engines
2-Ladder Trucks
1-Squad
1-Medic Unit
1-Medic Supervisor
1-Air & Light Unit
2-Battalion Chiefs

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »