.

Fire, MazMat Crews Investigate Fire at Business

"Unknown gas on fire" was from natural gas boiler.

Gwinnett County Fire HazMat was called out to an early morning incident at a Peachtree Corners-area business Friday.

Gwinnett Fire spokesman Lt. Colin Rhoden said crews were called out to 5804 Peachtree Corners around 12:30 a.m., where an “exterior equipment unit behind a fenced-in area was releasing pressure and the unknown gas was on fire.”

The HazMat team was called out for “product identification and hazard mitigation,” according to Rhoden. A person from the business was called out and identified the unit as a natural gas boiler. It apparently was functioning properly.

It was not a hazard.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »