An apparent grease fire in a Peachtree Corners apartment sent Gwinnett firefighters to the Valencia Park apartments on late Saturday (Feb. 2) afternoon.
Lt. Colin Rhoden, spokesman for the Gwinnett fire department said when crews arrived "they noticed smoke coming from the two-story apartment building."
Firefighters quickly evaluated the eight-unit building, doused the blaze in the kitchen and searched for any other fires.
"Due to the quick and efficient response of fire crews, the fire damage was contained in the kitchen of the apartment where the fire began," said Rhoden.
No injuries were reported, but five adults and two children were displaced by the fire. Red Cross was called to find temporary housing.
"There was substantial fire damage and damage from firefighting efforts in the kitchen where the fire began," said Rhoden. "The fire cause was determined to be an accidental cooking fire."
Equipment on the Scene
4-Engines, 1-Ladder Truck, 1-Air and Light Truck, 1-Medic Ambulance, 2-Battalion Chiefs, 1-District Commander, 1-Squad Truck, 1-Medic Supervisor and 1-PIO