The Peachtree Corners City Council has scheduled a Special Called Council Meeting for Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2012. The meeting is to be held at Robert Fowler YMCA at 7:30 p.m.
On the agenda:
Diana Wheeler, the Community Development Director will update the mayor and City Council on planning issues and provide an initial review of the property maintenance code.
Julian Jackson, the City Manager, will provide an overview of the employee benefit package.
In new business City Council will:
- Consider an ordinance to amend Chapter 18, in order to provide for taxation on financial institutions and other points
- Consider a resolution authorizing the mayor to sign an agreement with Gwinnett County on the Energy Excise Tax
- Consider appointing a member to the Gwinnett Village CID Board for the City
- Consider approving membership in the Georgia Municipal Association Workers Compensation Self-Insurance Fund, the Deferred Compensation Plan and the Defined Compensation Plan
- Consider approving participating in the Georgia Municipal Employee Benefit System (GMEBS) program
- Review the notification to Gwinnett County regarding certain City Services
- Request a proposal for the development of the 2033 city's Comprehensive Plan
- Review and authorize the purchase of a telephone system for City Hall
A period for Public Comments is included on the agenda.
For additional questions and information, visit the city's website, www.cityofpeachtreecornersga.com
A copy of the complete agenda is included with this story in PDF format. To print, click on the agenda and look for the option to print.