In a recent City Council Meeting the city's two consultants presented a list of available leased office space to serve as the new City Hall and in the June 14 meeting the Council made its selection.
The office space that will serve as Peachtree Corners City Hall is located at 147 Technology Parkway. Final negotiations are being worked out between the City and the Landlord. The City Council expects to begin renting the space on Aug. 1, 2012.
- Space: 8,000 square feet
- Rate per square foot: $9.00
- Landlord: ADKC Realty Holdings, LLC
Four other properties were reviewed before the City Council made its selection. The other leased space was determined to be too small or too expensive. The facility was chosen based on the following requirements:
- Space large enough to hold Council meetings (accomodate 50-60 residents)
- Easily accessible to residents and close parking for 15-20 residents during day-time hours
- Reception and counter area to conduct business for walk ups
- Two conference rooms, one large conference room for working sessions, one small conference room for developer and neighbor services meetings
- Space for four offices, IT Services room, restrooms and future working stations.
During the June 14 Special Called Meeting, city consultant John McDonough, reviewed the lease explaining to the City Council that the initial lease would be from Aug 1 - Dec. 31, 2012 and in following years the lease would run from Jan. 1 - Dec. 31 each year thereafter.
The FY 2013 Budget presented in Tuesday's City Council meeting allows for $125,000 annually for the leased space.