The latest headcount indicates 164,694 students are currently attending Gwinnett County Public Schools. This figure represents an increase of 5,937 students since the initial attendance count Aug. 7.
GCPS conducts five attendance counts starting with the second day of school. The fifth count is always done the day after Labor Day, which was Sept. 4 this year, and more accurately reflects school enrollment.
The 164,694 figure is the official enrollment for Gwinnett County Public Schools that will be reported to the Georgia Department of Education, according to Jorge Quintana, director of media relations for GCPS.
The school district is 2,059 students over the forecast of 162,635 students (+ 1.27%). Enrollment has grown 2,324 students (+1.43%) from the official 2011 count of 162,370, Quintana reported.
Following is a list of public schools that children living within the City of Peachtree Corners attend. Some are in the Norcross Clusters, others in the Duluth Cluster. A complete list of all GCPS is included with this report.
- Fifth Count, 1,117; Projected, 1,168; Difference, -51
- Fifth Count, 1,688; Projected, 1,714; Difference, -26
- Fifth Count, 928; Projected, 977; Difference, -49
- Fifth Count, 2,026; Projected, 1,977; Difference, +49
- Fifth Count, 1,313; Projected, 1341; Difference, -28
- Fifth County, 2,508; Projected, 2,508; Difference, 0
- Fifth County, 3,353; Projected, 3,262; Difference, +91
The chart accompanying this article contains the fifth count figures for all Gwinnett County Public Schools.