Jen Falk, who is seeking election to the Gwinnett District III school board seat, has surpassed $6,000 in cash and in-kind campaign contributions, according to the latest data filed with state officials.
Falk, a Berkeley Lake resident, lists several itemized cash contributions from Gwinnett and from Duluth, which has several schools in that district.
Among the latest contributors:
- Sabrina Smith, a Lawrenceville teaching consultant ($100);
- Jenny Jensen, a Duluth attorney ($100);
- Frugally Yours, a Duluth business ($100);
- Kathy Galbreath, a Duluth financial services worker ($100).
In-kind contributions are those made in such things as goods and services. Falk's cash contributions exceed $5,500.
She is seeking the seat currently held by Dr. Mary Kay Murphy, a Republican.
Murphy's contribution totals through June are about $6,300.
District III includes Norcross, Duluth, Peachtree Ridge and North Gwinnett high schools.
-- How do you plan to vote in the District III school board election? What do you see as the crucial issues? Tell us in the comments below.
- Murphy Accepting Accepting Funds for Re-election Bid