The following scholarships were awarded to Norcross seniors, according to a press releases from Gwinnett County Public Schools.
Hispanic Scholarship Fund scholarships
The Hispanic Scholarship Fund recently announced that 30 Gwinnett County Public Schools students are the 2012 recipients of the organization’s Georgia Opportunities Scholarship. The 28 current seniors and two 2011 graduates represent nine of the district’s traditional high schools and a charter school. As recipients of this national scholarship, the students receive a monetary package of $10,000.
From Norcross High School:
- Carla Diaz – University of Central Florida, Nursing
- Dulce Galindo – Reinhardt University, Elementary Education
- Laura Gamez – Armstrong Atlantic State University, Nursing
- Antonio Gonzalez – Kennesaw State University, Psychology
- Andy Roy Lazo Arias – Georgia Gwinnett College
- Magen Villanueva – Georgia State University, Nursing
The award includes $2,500 a year for four years, making it a $10,000 scholarship. In addition to the monetary award, the HSF program includes the assignment of a college coach to each student. The coach will act as a mentor, providing guidance and helping the student navigate their way through school. The coach will be with the student for the entire four years of their undergraduate career.
Do you have an exceptional senior? Let us know.