The last day of school marked the end of studies for a lot of Peachtree Corners and Berkeley Lake school children, it also was the last day of school for a number of Gwinnett County Public School teachers who retired at the end of the 2010-11 school year.
In all, 372 GCPS employees retired from Gwinnett County Public Schools this year, 10 from the four public schools located in Peachtree Corners and two from Berkeley Lake Elementary. The list includes long time support staff, administrators, classroom teachers, counselors and media specialists.
The 2010-11 GCPS retirees from the Peachtree Corners schools:
- Dr. Marcia Grady, Norcross High, Biology Teacher, 30 years in education, 8 years in Gwinnett.
- Hoe Nyuyen, Norcross High, Custodian, 10 years in education, all in GCPS
- Debbie Anglin, Peachtree Elementary, kindergarten teacher with 30 years in education, 26 years in Gwinnett.
- Ida Doyague, Peachtree Elementary, Nutrition Program Worker, 12 years in education, all in Gwinnett.
- Cleo Johnson, Peachtree Elementary, School Nutrition Program Worker, 8 years education, all in GCPS.
- Jane M. Will, Peachtree Elementary, Paraprofessional, 26 years in education, 21 years in GCPS.
- Muriel Myers, Pinckneyville Middle, School Clerk I, 14.4 years in education, all in Gwinnett
- Hung Nyuyen, Pinckneyville Middle, Custodian, 10 years in education, all in Gwinnett.
- Marie R. Linney, Simpson Elementary, Local School Technology Coordinator, 39 years in education, 13 years in Gwinnett.
- Dr. Greta H. Loeber, Simpson Elementary, Mathematics Specialist, 28 years in education, 25 years in GCPS.
And the 2010-11 GCPS retirees from Berkeley Lake Elementary:
- Cele Carothers, Local School Technology Coordinator, 30 years in education, 21 years in Gwinnett
- Michelle Rich, Special Education Teacher with 30 years in education, 21 years in GCPS.
All were honored on May 31 at the annual luncheon held at the Gwinnett Center's Grand Ballroom.