After all, he was considered by many to be the No. 1 prospect in Georgia, and he chose playing at home over some pretty big suitors, including national champion Florida State.
But the day was even bigger for the back-to-back state champion Blue Devils. The Gwinnett Daily Post, which covers local signing day better than almost everybody else, put the count at 26 signees, noting it was nearly half of the team's senior class.
According to college press releases and a running statewide list of signees compiled by Score Atlanta, eight others also signed with major schools, including Clinton Lynch and Myles Autry, who both chose Georgia Tech.
Here's a list of verified signings/commitments at Norcross on Wednesday:
- Emmanuel Aka, Army
- Myles Autry, Georgia Tech
- DeQwan Avery, Cumberland
- Josh Boyd, Appalachian State
- AJ Bush, Nebraska
- Lorenzo Carter, Georgia
- Caleb Crum, Faulkner
- Darrian Dennis, Hutchinson CC
- Maaseiah Francis, Georgia State
- Jaquan Frazier, Army
- Malcolm Galloway, Elon
- LaMarcus Hardnett, College of Faith
- Chris Herndon, Miami, Fla.
- Brandon Hull, Cheyney
- Ridwan Issahaku, TCU
- Clinton Lynch, Georgia Tech
- Kevin Mouhon, Cincinnati
- Jeremiah Murphy, Cumberland
- Jordan Noll, Appalachian State
- Ryan Northrup, Georgia Southern
- Shane Steele, Cheyney
- Micah Story, Faulkner
- MarCelon Taylor, Kentucky Christian
- Xavier Triche, Centre
- Horatio Walker, Hutchinson CC
- Blake Wood, Faulkner
*If you see any updates needed on this list, please add it to the comment box below.