Peachtree Corners' Councilwoman Jeanne Aulbach's City News and Updates for March 17:
Planning Commission Meeting – City Hall – March 11 – Recap
- Seigakuin School: Allow existing school to use their facility for evening and weekend community and church activities at 5505 Winters Chapel Road. There was some neighborhood concerns expressed in the meeting regarding this request. The owner of the school worked with the city to add conditions to address these concerns prior to the meeting. The request passed 3-1 with one commissioner recusing himself.
- Eldon Smith: Special Use Permit for auto sales at 4521 Buford Hwy. This case was tabled until the May 13th meeting. There was some confusion involving the use of the property. What was submitted to the city indicated that only used car sales would occur on the property. However, the agent representing the owner presented a dual use, keeping the current church function with a portion of the property segregated by a fence for used car sales.
City Council Meeting – City Hall – March 18 – 7:00 PM
I have attached the agenda. You can see council packet here. It will be another very full agenda.
- First read of Seigakuin Scholl Special Use Permit (see above).
- Application of Reliance Development for final plat acceptance of Peachtree Reserve.
- GMA Agreement with the City of Peachtree Corners for GMA to collect past due taxes from Insurance Companies.
- CitySourced Mobile Application customer agreement. This is an application that you will be able to run on your smartphone. It will allow you to report issues from your phone! And the back end will allow the city to consolidate requests in a single application. This will allow our staff to better respond to requests and manage this information. You can see more about this here.
- Review of Communications Strategy: This is a follow up session to the presentation we had last month, further defining the city’s communication plan.
- Review of Budget for City Elections
- Presentation/Discussion of Catering Ordinance
- Discussion – IGA Routine Maintenance: As you know, the city has responsibility now to maintain our roads. The county provided us with a 6 month contract and indicated they would not renew. This will be a presentation of our options.
- Discussion – 2014 Re-Surfacing: This will be an update on our request to the county for the roads we have identified that require resurfacing this year.
- Discussion – SPLOST – Joint Project Update: This is a follow-up on the projects presented two months ago. These are projects that we would partner with the county and/or GDOT to leverage our SPLOST funds.
News & Events
- Peachtree Corners Business Association – March 20 – 5:30 PM – Courtyard Marriott
Join us for Open Networking Business After Hours and the Celebration of the recent Renovation of the Courtyard Marriott at 3209 Holcomb Bridge Road. You can register here.
- Peachtree Corners C.O.P.S. Program – March 24 – 7:30 PM – Peachtree Corners Baptist Church
Mark your calendars. For those who have a COPS program, this can still count as your annual meeting. Just notify Officer Shane Kelly (Shane.Kelly@gwinnettcounty.com). All of Peachtree Corners is invited. I have attached additional information. You can see a list of items for donation to the Norcross Cooperative Ministry in the attachment.
- Consignment Sale – March 26 - 29 – Christ the King Lutheran Church
Mark your calendars for the upcoming Consignment Sale at Christ the King Lutheran Church. March 26-29! General Home goods/decor and anything and everything for babies, kids and teens! Support your local community in recycling and saving! A portion of the profits go right back to our community! Read more about this event here.
- Women of Peachtree Corners – April 3 – Lifetime Athletic and Tennis
Please join the Women of Peachtree Corners (WPC) for another fun event filled with great information, company and a tour of the beautifully renovated Lifetime Tennis & Fitness! A delicious and healthy lunch will be served ($15/pp). You can read more about this and register here.
- Art on the Chattahoochee - Fine Art Market – April 12 – 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM – Jones Bridge Park
The Gwinnett County Parks and Recreation is organizing ‘Art on the Chattahoochee’ at Jones Bridge Park, a fun family event by the Chattahoochee River with art, artists and other entertainment. Free admission. Read more about this here.
- Great American Clean-up - Saturday, April 26th
Sponsored by Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful and UPCCA. Volunteer to help clean-up Peachtree Corners! For more information or to volunteer please email: email@example.com
- UPCCA Legislative Update – Christ the King Lutheran Church – April 28 –7:30 PM
State Senator Fran Millar, House Representative Tom Rice, and Commissioner Lynette Howard will provide a 2014 legislative update on issues ranging from Common Core, Budget, and Taxes. Please be sure to register early for this popular event: firstname.lastname@example.org.