Part of the Norcross Cluster of Gwinnett Co. Schools, Pinckneyville Middle School has a diverse student population and also has one of the highest gifted student populations in the school system. The middle school has received many awards and recognitions including Georgia School of Excellence and a National Blue Ribbon School awards. Its students continually earn top honors in academic and fine arts competitions. Since opening in 1985, the school has added 29 new classrooms and a second gym.
- Hours: School hours: 9am - 4pm; Office hours: 8am - 4:30pm
- Founding Date: 1985
- Number of students: 1,150
- Public/Private: Public
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 116 teachers and staff
- Grade levels: 6th-8th
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Alpha Leadership Program, Animation Club, Bands, Jazz, Pep, Symphonic, Woodwind, Brass and Percussion Ensembles, Chorus, Drama, Girls as Leaders
- Student clubs: Guitar, Chess, Readers Rally, Scrabble, Student Council, Video
- Sports teams: Basketball (8th grade), Cheerleading (8th grade), Intramural sports: girls volleyball, boys cross country, running and co-ed cross country.