More than just a gym or a pool, YMCA is a non-profit, membership organization whose goal is to instill strong values through programs that build healthy bodies and minds.
The Young Men's Christian Association was formed in London, England in 1844 in response to the poor social conditions of the new Industrial Age.
Today, the Robert D. Fowler Family YMCA, located in Peachtree Corners, is one of more than 21 metro Atlanta YMCA locations. Located one block west of The Forum shopping center on West Jones Bridge Circle, this YMCA provides a wealth of family support and resources, such as child care, youth and teen programs, sports and recreation, tutorial labs and more.
Started in 1997, the facility features free babysitting while you work out, free one-on-one wellness coaching, a large indoor swimming pool, a whirlpool, a full-court gymnasium and much more. See the website for program details and membership information.
- Hours: Mon-Thu 5am-9:45pm; Friday 5am-8:45pm; Saturday 8am-6:15pm; Sunday 1pm-6:15pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Discounts: Group/family, Senior
- Parking: Free lot
- Facilities: Basketball courts, Football/soccer/lacrosse fields, Gym, Running track, Swimming pool, Table tennis, Volleyball courts
- Facility types: Indoor, Outdoor
- Features: Game room, Lockers, Sauna/steam room, Showers
- Services: Massage, Personal training
- Classes/programs: Aerobics, Body sculpting, Cycling, Martial arts, Pilates, Swimming, Weight loss, Yoga
- Number of lanes in the pool: 6
- Diving: No