Inspectors from the Board inspect area restaurants every six months and then grade them based on extensive criteria that include everything from food being stored at proper temperatures to employee hygiene.
Restaurants are required to display these reports in a prominent place for diners to view. This is what we found in a random search of inspections on the county's website.
To view the full report, click on the link labeled "Full Report."Name: Waffle House
Location: 7044 Jimmy Carter Blvd.
Inspection Date: Dec. 2, 2013
- Ice machine had black mold like substance present inside the chute. Machine was cleaned while on site. Manager stated that the machine had been cleaned three weeks ago. Ice bins should be cleaned at a frequency necessary to preclude accumulation of soil or mold.
- Six containers of waffle batter prepared on 12/1 were in the walk in cooler with temperatures between 56-60F. Items were discarded. Cold-held potentially hazardous foods should be maintained below 41oF; no time controls/documentation in place.
- Waffle batter, gravy, and chili were dated over seven days. Items were re-dated. Refrigerated, ready-to-eat, potentially hazardous food (time-temperature control for safety food) prepared and packaged by a food processing plant shall be clearly marked, at the time the original container is opened in a food service establishment and if the food is held for more than 24 hours, to indicate the date or day by which the food shall be consumed on the premises, sold, or discarded, which is including the day the original container is opened, a maximum of seven (7) calendar days after the original container is opened, or the use by/sell by/ expiration date, whichever comes sooner, if the food is maintained at 41°F.
Name: China Panda
Location: 7131 Peachtree Industrial Blvd.
Inspection Date: Dec. 3, 2013
Grade: 78-C (previous scores 96-A, Oct. 10, 58-U, Oct. 3)
- THIS IS THE THIRD REPEAT. Observed garlic-oil mixture and house brown sauce under time control without being marked to indicate the time. Manager walked in and marked the items after the inspection was in progress. The food shall be marked or otherwise identified to indicate the time that is 4 hours past the point in time when the food is removed from temperature control.
- Observed an employee pouring liquid from a metal container in the hand sink. Advised the employee to use the hand sink to wash hands only. Hand sink is used for hand washing only
- PERMIT SUSPENSION FOR THIRD REPEAT. TIME AS A PUBLIC HEALTH CONTROL, PROCEDURES AND RECORDS. (6-1 D). A compliance hearing will be held tomorrow at 8:15 am at the Gwinnett Environmental Health Office on 455 Grayson Hwy. Please bring COMPLETED Corrective Action Plan.
Name: Guthrie's of Peachtree Corners
Location: 3219 Holcomb Bridge Road
Inspection Date: Dec. 4, 2013
- One container of sauce in the walk in cooler was being held in a reused salad dressing container. The container was not easily cleanable. Sauce was removed and placed in a food grade container and labeled.
Name: Subway Sandwich Shop
Location: 4015 Holcomb Bridge Road
Inspection Date: Dec. 4, 2013
- Observed an open bag of chips and a plastic cup without a lid on the food prep table. Items were removed. Employees shall consume food only in approved designated areas separate from food preparation and serving areas, equipment or utensil areas and food storage areas. However, drinking from a single service beverage cup with a secure lid and straw that is handled to prevent contamination of the employee’s hands, the container, exposed food, clean equipment,utensils and linens, unwrapped single-service and single-use articles will be allowed.
- Eye solution, instant burn spray and antacid was stored above food in the prep area. Items were removed. Poisonous or toxic materials shall be stored so they can not contaminate food, equipment, utensils, linens, and single-service and single-use articles.
- The hand sink in the front prep area has to be cut on from the bottom to obtain hot water and it continues to run. The water will not turn off properly unless it is cut off from the bottom. The hand sink in the back area has electric foil around the nozzle to control the leak. I spoke with person in charge and discussed with him about having these items repaired. They were malfunctioning from a previous inspection. Plumbing should be maintained and in good repair.
Location: 6155 Peachtree Parkway
Inspection Date: 96-A
- Ice scoops not being stored in a clean, dry location. Ice scoop at drive thru being stored in an unclean container (container had buildup of standing water and debris). Ice scoop at large ice machine being stored in unclean container. Ice scoops and containers were cleaned and sanitized at time of inspection. Must ensure all utensils are properly stored.
- Facility has removed fruit and vegetable preparation sink. Facility does have tomatoes that must be washed prior to service. Facility must reinstall fruit and vegetable preparation sink.