Hundreds of pieces of art by students in Gwinnett County Public Schools (GCPS) will be exhibited during March in the lobby at the Instructional Support Center in Suwanee. Parents, students and other members of the community are invited to stop by to view the art in “Tapestry.”
- Artwork by students in the Duluth Cluster schools will be shown March 1-7. An opening reception is planned from 6 to 7 p.m. Monday, March 5.
- And students artwork from the Norcross Cluster schools will be exhibited March 20-25 with a reception planned from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on March 20.
March is observed as Youth Art Month. The districtwide celebration of the arts features paintings, drawings, two- and three-dimensional art, mixed media, pottery, and jewelry. The Instructional Support Center (ISC) is located at 437 Old Peachtree Road in Suwanee.
Viewing hours are 7 a.m.-8 p.m. during the week, 7 a.m.-4 p.m. on
Saturdays, and 1-6 p.m. on Sundays.
Here the dates for the exhibits from participating schools.
- March 1-7: Participating schools in the Central Gwinnett Cluster; the Collins Hill Cluster; the Dacula Cluster; the Duluth Cluster; the Mill Creek Cluster; the South Gwinnett Cluster; and Phoenix High. An opening reception is scheduled for Monday, March 5, 6-7:30 p.m.
- March 10-15: Participating schools in the Grayson Cluster; the Lanier Cluster; the Mountain View Cluster; the North Gwinnett Cluster; the Parkview Cluster; the Peachtree Ridge Cluster; the Shiloh Cluster;GIVE Center East; GIVE Center West; the Grayson High Technical Education Program; and Oakland Meadow School. An opening reception is scheduled for Tuesday, March 13, 6 -7:30 p.m.
- March 20-25: Participating schools in the Archer Cluster; the Berkmar Cluster; the Brookwood Cluster; the Meadowcreek Cluster; the NorcrossCluster; and the Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science, and Technology. An opening reception is scheduled for Tuesday, March 20, 6-7:30 p.m.